Tuesday 21 June 2016

11 WEEKS (LIME): Jun 12-18

11 Weeks (LIME):


I feel like my bump is at a stand-still. I haven't really gained any weight, but I guess all this extra food is going straight to my belly!
  • Well... It turns out I'm a little farther along than I thought I was! I thought I was going to be 11 weeks on Tuesday, June 14. It would seem that occurred on Sunday, June 12! That means my due date got moved up... TO JANUARY 1ST! WHAT?! At least (as statistics show) most first babies come a little later than the due date... Keep baking in there little one! 
  • My baby is already 2" long! That's doubled in the last two weeks!
  • I had my physical (re)scheduled with my midwife for June 14, which is where we got the results from our ultrasound last week! It included a pap, a lesson on breast exams, and she went over all my blood work results as well. Everything looks great, and baby is super healthy and lively!
  • We got to hear the heartbeat loud and clear this time. Baby didn't run off! He/she seems to be chilling on the left side of my uterus lately; at the ultrasound too! The heart rate was about 160 BPM, which is great according to Trang (our midwife). 
  • I LOVE this midwife clinic... They are so calm and informative (Thank you Brent & Amy for recommending we check them out!). They even let David come into the room for the whole appointment (pap and all). If he wanted to, they would have let him see everything. They're all about educational opportunities. He opted to stay by my head for this one. Can't say I blame him... it's a little scary down there with all the tools! They warned me after the pap there is a risk of spotting, but it is nothing to worry about. (*Update - I did not bleed at all after my pap! One of the lucky ones perhaps?*)
    The waiting room/community-group room. This is where our prenatal classes will take place.
     

  • My Weight: 122.8lb according to Clinic Scale. This means I've lost (slash haven't gained any) weight... All bloat I tell ya! I guess this baby's 1/3 oz. weight isn't adding to my poundage yet ;). 
  • I have had never-ending hunger. I eat a full plate of food and still feel like my stomach is going to growl! This makes me surprised I haven't started packing on the pounds yet. I guess my body is working hard enough to burn the extra calories. 
  • I've been super exhausted, but according to my What to Expect app, my body is working harder right now at rest than my non-pregnant body did on the run! I slept 8 hours one night, and took two 45 minute naps the next day, and got 10 hours of sleep the next night and was still tired! I also got exercise in there, so it's not lethargy. The below picture pretty much sums it up!
  • Oh this is so sweet... My baby has the hiccups already! Or is capable of having them.
  • The skin on my belly is starting to get dry. I keep using my coconut butter lotion/oil. My breasts are itchy at times (likely due to growing!) and I guess this will be the start of an itchy stomach as my skin starts to stretch as well. 
  • I really noticed the veins starting to show on my stomach at 11 weeks 2 days before I got in the shower. If I pull my skin taught I can see it up the sides of my hips and onto the front of my stomach, creeping towards my belly-button. It's kind of gross and unattractive, but I'm proud of them! It will eventually turn into blue vein road-map belly and breasts. I think it's cool! (Although I always loved biology and thought the human body was pretty incredible anyway). 
Sherlock always has to get in on the photo-shoot action. Every time he follows us upstairs and hangs out while we take pictures. He is so photogenic... puts me to shame! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment