Sunday 12 June 2016

7 WEEKS (BLUEBERRY): May 15-21

7 Weeks (BLUEBERRY):


I'm still confident this is mostly bloat... My precious gas baby...

  • Baby is now 10,000 times the size he/she was when he/she started as a fertilized egg! Baby is developing limbs, that are separated into hand, arm and shoulder segments already! 
  • Baby's head makes up for 1/3 of the body (let's all be grateful we grew into our heads! Could you imagine?). This is due to the fact that the baby's brain is developing 100 new brain cells per minute right now.
  • Wondering if I have a little boy or girl inside me! (Fun fact: Moms who give birth to boys permanently retain some of their boy's DNA in their brain).
  • My uterus has doubled in size. I'm not showing at all yet, but my jeans are definitely getting a bit more snug! They are almost always (embarrassing when at work) un-buttoned when I'm sitting down. 
  • Hormones are causing acne on my face. It got better as the week progressed, but didn't start pretty!
  • So unbelievably exhausted. I missed a day of work because I couldn't even pry myself out of bed! I have never been so tired in my life. I almost fell asleep while walking the dog... WHILE WALKING! When I am at work, I often catch myself sleeping with my eyes open staring at my computer or out the window. Sorry work ethic... you're taking a hit this week/month!
  • Some nausea, but mostly only while I'm hungry. I am sincerely hoping this continues and I am one of the lucky few ladies who doesn't experience full-blown morning sickness! (Although I must say it would be nice to maybe postpone some of the weight gain... oh well... worth it!)
  • Craving pickles and coffee. I know I can't have more than my 1 small cup of coffee per day, and usually that's okay, but for some reason I am totally craving the taste (and maybe the caffeine). Body wants what it can't have!
  • Do I miss alcohol? Definitely not as much as I expected. I still enjoy a taste of someone's delicious glass of wine, but I don't miss my nightly glass nearly as much as I thought I would. I must say... leaving events it feels remarkably odd (but good) to be leaving sober. {That is kind of embarrassing to say, but it's the truth.}
  • Frequent urination. There are times where I will go to the bathroom, stand up, and then immediately feel the need to go again, but I'm running on empty! What is that all about? Apparently the increased efficiency of my kidneys, 10% more blood in my body already. Also, my uterus doubling in size could have something to do with it. This will only get worse as pregnancy progresses, so I am okay with the couple of times per day this happens for now.
  • Breasts getting less tender. Don't think they're all better or anything! Still quite sensitive, but they seem less firm(?) and mildly less sore? Maybe I'm just getting used to them... or my hormones are balancing out. I had a panic thinking symptoms were disappearing, but I'm sure it's just my body settling in.
  • Cocoa Butter. I've started my cocoa butter and vitamin E oil ritual on my areas that are likely to grow and develop stretch marks. I am 100% positive I will still get them, but maybe this will help with some of the itching and discoloration that is sure to go along with the stretch marks(?)
  • Sometimes food tastes bad. Sometimes I can eat things and it will taste great or normal. Other times I'll eat/drink the EXACT same thing and it will taste earthy, like mold or dirt. I do not enjoy this roulette. I can eat 5 crackers in a row, and the third one will taste like mold, the others will be fine. I can drink two glasses of milk or OJ and one will be great, the other... not so much! I always have to ask David to try my food/drink to make sure it's not actually bad, and it's just in my head or my pregnancy taste-buds. 
  • Some days I get extraordinarily nervous. Sometimes I want to tell everyone I've ever met about our exciting news, other days I want to keep it to ourselves until the baby is born (a bit dramatic, I know). Note to all women who want to have babies one day... GOOGLE IS THE ENEMY! Never trust Dr. Google. NEVER Google symptoms (or lack thereof) you may be concerned about. It got to the point where I just had to look up pregnancy success stories to remind myself that issues with pregnancy aren't all that common; that it may (and likely will) be okay. It still scares me though. I think this is normal...? Some of my coworkers have figured me out, but at the moment I'm keeping mum. I'm just not ready. I feel like it's too early!

No comments:

Post a Comment