Friday 10 June 2016

Early Pregnancy (3-5 WEEKS)

As mentioned in a previous post, I plan on doing weekly status updates for the pregnancy. Some things may be slightly TMI, but I'm an open book and you're choosing to read! Here we go!

Time to spam you with daily updates until we catch up!

3 Weeks: 
  • I feel the implantation - had a strange pinching feeling 2-3 inches below my belly-button for 1.5 days. Everything I googled about this feeling said ladies got it the cycle they became pregnant. Trying not to get my hopes up!
  • Breasts start getting sore
  • Random intermittent light cramping

4 Weeks (POPPY SEED): 




  • Miss my period. I'd been tracking my cycles for 9 months, so I knew exactly when to expect it, even though I'm irregular. {So cool!}
  • Breasts getting sore and slightly swollen(?)
  • Positive pregnancy tests!
  • Extreme hunger (I'm like a bottomless pit!)
  • Gassy (lots of burping)
  • Bloating (I'm sure my poor diet near the end of this week didn't help!)
  • Exhausted
  • Emotional/Hormonal (I full-on started crying in public when I saw a guide-dog with a guy in a wheelchair. I was so emotional that the dog had a job and he was helping the young man)
  • Aversion to some food that is already gross looking (cottage cheese and soggy pizza were the culprits this time)
  • Constipation
  • Mood swings started up at the end of week 4.  
  • Weight: 121.5 lb. on home scale

5 Weeks (SESAME SEED):


Whatever bump you think you see here is most likely the pizza and bread I ingested over our weekend in Edmonton!
  • Breasts still sore and swollen (starting to notice them being in the way a bit)
  • Continued hunger
  • Frequent urination (my "What to Expect" app says this is because of the increased HCG in my system increases the blood flow to my kidneys so they're more efficient at getting rid of waste! - I'm a geek so I find these things very interesting)
  • Mood swings and emotional (this is also the week of Shadow's illness, so there was a lot of added stress)
  • Fatigue... oh the fatigue! I've been VERY busy, so that adds to it, but I just feel so sleepy! I could sleep anywhere anytime. I slept 10 hours straight one night. 
  • My fingernails are growing like crazy and STRONG! This is a huge deal for me. They always break and peel. 
  • Starting to feel more excited. I was previously very cautious about being excited.
  • First prenatal appointment to confirm pregnancy, take weight, and book appointments. 
  • Call Village Health Clinic to set up consultation with Midwife!
  • Weight: 123.1 lb according to Dr. Office scale

1 comment:

  1. Gary had to burp me when I was pregnant with Kai! I had so much gas in my belly and couldn't get it out! I didn't have it with the other kids.

    ReplyDelete